Artisanal Pasta Handmade in Rochester NY
Lemon Basil Pappardelle Alle Vongole (with clams)
Author: Flour City Pasta
Lemon Pasta and Seafood! You can put the sauce for a food mill if you prefer a smoother sauce - or - You can omit the tomatoes completely if you prefer a clear topping for your pasta.
- 1 Pound Flour City Pasta Lemon Basil Pappardelle
- 2 pounds fresh clams
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- about 20 sprigs fresh Italian parsley leaves chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh, ripened tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub clams very well and soak in cold water with a little coarse sea salt for about thirty minutes.
- Combine garlic and parsley
- Place oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and parsley an saute two minutes
- Cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces and add to sauce pan
- Cook for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- (at this point if you prefer a smooth tomato sauce you can put this mixture through a food mill and return to sauce pan.)
- Add clams to the sauce.
- Bring several quarts of water to boil. Add pasta and cook al dente (up to 10-11 minutes)
- When clams open, serve with sauce over cooked pasta.