Add chicken to this blend of peas, carrots, potatoes and white beans with just the right seasoning for a soup as thick and rich as the inside of a chicken pot pie.
Chicken Stew Mix Ingredients:
Dehydrated Navy Beans, Carrot, Potato, Onion, Peas, Celery, Yellow Bell Pepper, and Spices. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten Free
What you need:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour or use 2 tablespoons cornstarch for gluten free
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- Optional: Leftover Turkey Meat, cut into ½ inch cubes may be substituted for chicken!
- Freshly ground pepper
Here's what you do:
- In a 4-quart pot melt butter and sauté onion 5 minutes.
- Add flour or cornstarch, stir continuously for 30 seconds to form paste.
- Stir in broth, raise heat, and bring to a simmer. Stir until thickens.
- Add contents of Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew Mix and chicken (or turkey).
- Bring to a simmer again, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Serve this thick-as-pot pie soup with biscuits on the side!
Soup will thicken if made ahead, may want to add 1 or 2 cups more broth when serving.